Argyll has been safeguarding vulnerable people since 1998. It provides Lone Worker services and currently supports over 200 clients across multiple industry sectors managing the day-to-day safety of 10’s of thousands of lone worker end users. Argyll continuously invests in research and development, deploying the most robust and advanced solutions and is widely acknowledged as an industry leader in Lone Worker monitoring services.
Accreditations and Qualifications
Argyll & the Islands Telecom Ltd is registered in Scotland under company number SC195841. Argyll is pro-active in setting standards for the Lone Worker industry and has achieved the following accreditations:
- ISO 9001:2008 certified by SGS Yarsley a member of UKAS.
- Certified BS8484 and BS5979 CAT2 by the Security Systems and Alarms Inspection Board (SSAIB)
- A principle member of: the British Security Industry Association (BSIA)
- Member of the BSIA Lone Worker Industry Steering Group
- Active participant in the British Standards Institute (BSI) review group for BS8484 the standard for lone worker device services
- Works closely with ACPO – Association of Chief Police Officers of England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and ACPOS –
- Association of Chief Police Officers in Scotland and BSIA to develop and improve its software and services.
- Argyll also works closely with manufacturers and introduces new safety device products within the UK
As the UK’s market leader in Lone Worker safety, Argyll is constantly striving to improve it’s service and was recently awarded the prestigious ‘Secured by Design’ certification by ACPOS for it’s new, purpose-built Alarm Receiving Centre building based at Sandbank, near Dunoon.